The parameters of the cursor
Working at a computer, you probably noticed that the cursor (arrow on the screen, which is controlled by "mouse") can take in different situations different kind (an hourglass, the index finger, a vertical line, and so on.). In CSS3, you can specify what kind of have to take when the mouse cursor on a particular element of html-pages.
Set shape of the mouse cursor can be using the style attribute cursor , which has a lot of possible values. Most attribute values style cursor are rarely used in practice, so we consider only the most necessary. The complete list can be found at http://developer.mozilla.org/en/CSS/cursor.
- auto - detects the browser type of the cursor (default);
- default - arrow cursor (default);
- none - the cursor is displayed;
- help - arrow cursor with a question mark;
- pointer - the cursor in the form of the index finger (the default behavior when you hover over a hyperlink);
- progress - in the form of the cursor strekli hourglass (indicating that there is execution of a process);
- wait - cursor to an hourglass (indicating that the browser is used by another process);
- text - the text cursor (the default behavior when you hover on a piece of text).